How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chats – When using WhatsApp, we can often delete messages or conversations accidentally. This can be a problem if the message or conversation contains important or valuable information. However, you don’t need to worry, because in this article we will provide a guide on how to restore deleted WhatsApp chats. By following the steps provided, you will be able to recover deleted messages and resume conversations on your WhatsApp.
1. Use the WhatsApp Automatic Backup Feature
WhatsApp has an automatic backup feature that can help you restore deleted chats. This feature will take a copy of your WhatsApp messages and conversations and save them on external storage or in the cloud. Here are the steps to use the automatic backup feature:
- The first step is to ensure that the automatic backup feature is enabled in your WhatsApp settings.
- Open WhatsApp and tap the three-dot icon in the top right corner to access the menu.
- Select “Settings” and then select “Chats”.
- On the Chats screen, select the “Chat backup” option.
- You will see the option to set the backup frequency and options, such as daily, weekly, or monthly backup.
- Choose the option that best suits your preferences.
- You can also choose to include videos in the backup by selecting the “Just Backup” or “Backup with Video” options.
- Next, you can select the “Back Up Now” option to create an instant backup.
2. Restore Chats from Local Backup
If you have enabled the automatic backup feature in WhatsApp, a copy of your messages and conversations will be saved locally on your device. To restore deleted WhatsApp chats from local backup, follow these steps:
- Open the File Manager application on your device.
- Look for a folder called “WhatsApp” and open it.
- In the WhatsApp folder, look for a folder called “Database”.
- Inside the “Database” folder, you will find files with names like “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12”.
- This file is a backup file that contains your WhatsApp messages and conversations.
- Rename the backup file to “msgstore.db.crypt12”.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Reinstall WhatsApp from the app store.
- During the installation process, WhatsApp will detect the existence of a backup file and offer to restore it.
- Select the option to restore chats from a backup file.
How to Enter Windows 10 Safe Mode Via BIOS: Complete Guide
3. Restore Chats from Google Drive (Android)
If you are using an Android device, you can connect your Google Drive account with WhatsApp to keep a backup copy of your messages and conversations. Here are the steps to restore deleted WhatsApp chats from Google Drive:
- Make sure the Google account you use to connect with WhatsApp is the same account you used when you created the backup.
- Reinstall WhatsApp if you have deleted it from your device.
- Open WhatsApp and verify your phone number as usual.
- After verification, WhatsApp will detect the presence of a backup in Google Drive and offer to restore it.
- Select the option to restore chats from Google Drive backup.
- Wait for the restore process to complete, and you will see deleted messages and conversations on your WhatsApp again.
4. Restore Chats from iCloud (iOS)
For iPhone users, WhatsApp uses iCloud to store backups of messages and conversations. If you have enabled automatic backup in WhatsApp, you can restore deleted WhatsApp chats from iCloud. Here are the steps:
- Make sure you are logged in to the same iCloud account as the account used to backup WhatsApp.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your device.
- Re-download WhatsApp from the App Store and install it on your device.
- Once the installation is complete, open WhatsApp and verify your phone number.
- WhatsApp will detect a backup in iCloud and offer to restore it.
- Select the option to restore chats from iCloud backup.
- Wait for the restore process to complete, and you will be able to see deleted messages and conversations on your WhatsApp again.
5. Using Third Party Applications
If the previous steps don't work to restore deleted WhatsApp chats, you can try using a third-party application specifically designed to recover WhatsApp data. Here are some third-party apps you can try:
- Dr.Fone – Data Recovery (Android and iOS)
- Tenorshare UltData – iPhone Data Recovery (iOS)
- EaseUS MobiSaver (Android and iOS)
Easy & Practical, This is How to Download Instagram Videos without an Application
You can download and install these third-party apps from the official app store and follow the given instructions to recover deleted WhatsApp chats.
6. Prevent Lost Chats in the Future
To avoid losing WhatsApp chats in the future, there are several steps you can take. Here are some tips to prevent losing chats on WhatsApp:
- Enable the automatic backup feature in WhatsApp and ensure regular backups.
- Make sure the external or cloud storage used for backup has enough space.
- Check the backup settings in WhatsApp regularly to ensure that everything is working properly.
- Avoid accidentally deleting chats or conversations. If possible, move important messages to an archive folder.
In this article, we have provided a guide on how to restore deleted WhatsApp chats. You can use WhatsApp's automatic backup feature, restore chats from local backup, restore chats from Google Drive (for Android users), restore chats from iCloud (for iOS users), or use third-party applications specifically designed to restore WhatsApp data. Apart from that, we also provide tips to prevent losing chats in the future.
By following the steps provided, you can easily restore deleted WhatsApp chats and continue conversations without losing important data. So, don't worry if you accidentally delete a WhatsApp chat. Follow this guide and you will be able to restore lost messages easily!