The longer a cellphone is used, the greater the possibility of damage, especially the buttons that are most frequently used, such as the power button. If the button is damaged, your activities using your cellphone may be disrupted, but you can work around this by applying the following method to deal with a broken cellphone power button.
There’s no need to immediately look for a cellphone repairman to fix it, you can try several alternatives first. Only then, if all methods do not produce satisfactory results, can you ask for expert help.
Why is the HP Power Button Broken?
There are many reasons why the power button on a cellphone device can be damaged. Some of them are the result of improper use.
- Once it fell where the button moved from its perfect position, so it couldn’t be used as usual.
- It was once slammed, causing the sensor that connects the buttons to the components in a cellphone to be damaged.
- Careless use, for example pressing as deep as possible or using a hard object will damage the button casing. As a result, the button’s ability to touch internal components is reduced or even lost.
- Often use buttons for various shortcut activities to enter the device’s operating system.
5 Ways to Overcome a Broken HP Power Button
If you have problems with a broken cellphone power button, then you are not alone. Because many people experience this problem and there is no need to worry because the problem can be solved with just a few simple steps.
1. Resolve a Broken Power Button with Additional Tools
The easiest and most successful way, if the damage to the power button is only on the casing, is to use additional tools. You can try using a toothpick to press the button for a few seconds until the cellphone can turn on again. If you don’t have a toothpick, you can use a sim card ejector which is part of the current purchase package for a number of cellphone types.
But make sure not to use objects with sharp edges, because this will cause further damage to the casing and even make the sensor on the inside of the button no longer function optimally. If this method doesn’t work, it means the button is damaged not only on the outer casing. There are indications that the damage has reached the inner button components, so you will need other, more specific methods.
Read: 4 Ways to Easily Delete Default Applications on Xiaomi Cell Phones
2. Resolve a Broken Power Button Using Additional Applications
There are a number of additional applications provided on legal platforms such as the Google Play Store for Android device users, whose function is to change the task of other buttons to the power button. One thing you can try is the Power Button to Volume Button application.
- Open the Google Play Store application, type Power Button to Volume Button in the search field.
- Click on the selected application, then press the download button.
- Wait until the download process is complete and continue with the application installation process.
- If the application is already installed on your cellphone, open the application.
- Then select the enable/disable volume power option, leave it until the icon changes color.
- Select to enable boot and screen off using the available volume buttons.
- Next, select the restart option to ensure the changes made by the application to the button run smoothly.
- If the cellphone is on again, you can use the volume button to act as a temporary power button.
3. Overcoming a Broken Power Button Using Biometric Features
For modern cellphones, they are usually equipped with a biometric sensor feature using fingerprints or the cornea of the eye. You can also try this feature as a way to activate the problematic power button.
- Turn on the cellphone using the previous method, then select the settings menu on the main page.
- Click on the lock screen and password menu.
- Select the add fingerprint option, then select the screen lock menu.
- Type the desired pin, then click the confirm pin button that appears.
- Add a fingerprint on the next page, add it according to the instructions from the device system.
- When finished, to activate the cellphone you no longer need the power button but use the PIN or biometrics that have been set.
4. Resolve a Broken Power Button with a Program on a Laptop or PC
If the method above doesn’t work, then you still have ways to deal with a broken cellphone power button that you can choose. Namely connecting the HP device with a PC or laptop. But before that, the computer must have an additional program called Minimal ADB and Fastboot.
- Make sure to download the latest version of the Minimal ADB and Fastboot program on your computer, namely version v1.4.3
- Enable the USB debugging feature on the cellphone.
- Long press the volume down button when the cellphone is turned off.
- Connect the cellphone to the computer using the USB cable from the cellphone.
- Open the ADB program and type the command adb devices, then press the enter key.
- Wait for the process to complete, then type the fastboot reboot command and press the enter key again.
- The cellphone will restart automatically and return to the initial settings of the buttons.
- Check whether the power button can be used again, if so, this means that this method was successful.
5. Overcoming a Broken Power Button Using a Laptop or Powerbank
One of the next solutions that can also be tried is to use the HP battery charging feature to other devices. You can use a connection with a power bank or charge using a laptop or computer.
- Connect the cellphone to a power bank or laptop using a USB cable.
- Options will appear on the cellphone screen to charge the battery, select one of them.
- Then immediately open the cellphone activation using the PIN or fingerprint that was previously set.
- You don’t need the power button anymore and can use your cellphone as usual.
If you use this method, it is quite practical, but you should not do it too often so that it doesn’t affect the condition of your cellphone battery.
Signs that the Power Button is Starting to Be Damaged
A broken power button can have several different symptoms. Of course, each cellphone has its own problems. The following are some symptoms that usually occur.
- The power button doesn’t work at all.
- The power button feels hard when pressed.
- The power button feels soft when pressed.
If you experience any of the symptoms above, it is very likely that the power button on your cellphone is damaged.
Read: How to add and delete a Google account on a Realme cellphone
Tips for Using the HP Power Button
When using the cellphone power button, there are several tips you need to know so that its use is more effective.
- Don’t press the power button for too long or too often.
- Avoid pressing the power button when the smartphone is in the process of updating the system or application.
- Do not use the power button when the smartphone is hot or exposed to liquid.
Hopefully the information above about how to deal with a broken cellphone power button can be a solution for those of you who are currently confused about how to activate your cellphone when the power button is broken. Try the one that is most practical and not complicated. Good luck.