Tech News – Are you an iPhone user and want your contact profile display to be more creative? You can use the contact poster feature. This feature was first introduced in the iOS 17 update which is currently in public beta and will roll out in late September 2023.
The first time you open the Phone or Contacts app after updating to iOS 17, you will be asked to create a poster. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your real name or nickname, followed by your photo.
Below that, you can choose whether to take a photo with the camera, choose an image from Photos, use Memoji, or monogram your initials. The process is very similar to the background creation tool on iOS 16 which introduced widgets to the iPhone lock screen and depth effect wallpapers.
There are lots of choices to make, including a depth effect that lets you layer a facial subject over a name tag, and apply different filters and fonts to get a variety of different looks. Here’s how to create a contact poster in iOS 17.
photo: freepik/mition julia
1. Open the Contacts app and tap the My Cards icon at the top.
2. Tap the Contact Photos & Posters button.
3. On the next screen, enable the Share Name & Photo button.
4. Next, tap the Edit button.
5. Now, tap on the Customize button and select the Poster option
6. On the Select Poster screen, you can choose from four options, namely Camera, Photo, Memoji, and Monogram.
7. Next, tap the contact name located above the poster to edit it.
8. Once you have made all the desired changes, tap the Done button in the top right corner.
9. Tap Continue on the next screen.
10. Crop the selected image, memoji, etc., select a background, then tap Done/Update.
11. You have successfully prepared a personal Contact Poster.
How to make a contact poster for your contact list
If your friends haven’t set up their contact posters, you can create one for them. This poster will only be visible to you because you created and customized it based on your choices. Here’s how.
1. Open the Contacts or Phone application on your iPhone and find the contact you want to create a poster for and tap the contact.
2. Next, tap the Edit button in the top right corner and tap the Add Photo or Edit button below the contact photo.
3. If you haven’t added a contact photo, choose from the Camera, Photo, Memoji, and Monogram options available on the next screen.
4. After adding photos, tap the Next button in the top right corner.
5. On the next page, tap the Customize Poster option, and you will enter the Choose Poster screen.
6. Select one of the four options, make any necessary changes on the next screen, and tap Done.
7. If the Contact Poster is as desired, touch the Continue button.
8. Finally, tap the Done button at the top right to save changes.