YouTube is a social media platform that is used as a venue for entertainment in the form of music or videos. Through YouTube users can watch, upload and various videos. Not only that, some people use YouTube as a source of income by becoming a YouTuber.
See also: Get to Know the Voice Changer Site Voicechanger.io
|Get to know the features, advantages and how to download the old version of YouTube Go
The popularity of YouTube as one of the most popular social media is the background for the emergence of YouTube Go. This video streaming application also continues to experience development and updates to satisfy its users.
However, some people are disappointed with the new version of YouTube Go. Many users find the old version of YouTube Go more comfortable to use compared to the new version. So what exactly is YouTube Go? Continue reading the complete review below.
#1 What is YouTube Go?
Before discussing too deeply, it is better for us to understand and understand what is meant by YouTube Go. As the name suggests, YouTube Go is a derivative application of YouTube in a lighter version.
This application was created specifically for YouTube users who are in low network or connectivity areas. Similar to YouTube, YouTube Go users have continued to increase since its initial release in 2016.
However, for certain reasons, Google has stopped this application since August 2022. Even though it has been removed from Google, this application can still be downloaded via certain sites.
#2 Features Provided By Older Versions of YouTube Go
|YouTube Go features
There are many factors that make the old version of YouTube Go so popular with many users. One of them is that the old version of YouTube Go provides several features that can be used by all users for free, including:
1. Watch videos offline
In the YouTube application, users generally have to watch videos online. However, this is different from YouTube Go, which provides a feature for watching videos offline. So this application is very suitable for users who experience problems with internet access.
2. Check Storage and Quota
As a special application created so that users can save more on internet quota, this application is equipped with features for checking storage space and checking quota. So, users can check the quota or space usage capacity on their cellphone.
3. Share Videos
The next interesting feature in the old version of YouTube Go is that users can share videos offline. By utilizing a Bluetooth connection, users can share all videos on YouTube offline with everyone.
4. Language Choice
Another feature in the Old version of YouTube Go is that YouTube Go is equipped with various language options. Users can choose the language they want. This is very useful for users, so users can easily understand and use YouTube Go.
#3 Advantages of the Old Version of YouTube Go
Apart from providing several superior features as discussed above. The old version of YouTube Go also has several advantages, namely:
- Has a lighter application size
- Using internet quota is much more economical
- Easy to share YouTube videos
- Compatible with all types of operating systems
- Free to determine the quality of the video to be downloaded
#4 Difference between the old version of YouTube Go and the new version of YouTube Go
|Differences between Old vs New YouTube Go
Some people who have used the old version of YouTube Go and the new version must have noticed the differences between the two. However, users who are new to YouTube Go will definitely be confused and curious about the differences between the two. Here are some differences between the old version of YouTube Go and the new version that you need to know:
- Using the new version of the YouTube Go application is slower when compared to the old version. This is because the new version of YouTube Go adds more features compared to the old version.
- The old version of YouTube Go has been proven to be economical in quota usage compared to the new YouTube Go version.
- Even though it has the same type of application, the old version of YouTube Go is very easy to use and has a simple appearance compared to the new version which is much more complex.
#5 How to Easily Install the Old Version of YouTube Go
|Install YouTube Go
As previously discussed, starting August 2022 YouTube Go will no longer be available on the Google Play Store. However, some people who want to use it can install it via a third party in the following way:
- Step 1: First open the browser on your cellphone then click YouTube Go Old version
- Step 2: Wait for the download process to complete.
- Step 3: Turn off automatic updates in the Google Play Store application.
- Step 4: Select Play Store, then click the profile in the top right corner, and enter the Settings menu.
- Step 5: Select Network preferences, then select Auto-update apps, and Don’t auto-update apps.
- Step 6: Next, open the downloaded YouTube Go, then install the old version of the YouTube Go apk.
- Step 7: Give the old version of YouTube Go permission by checking unknown sources.
This is where Autobild.co.id’s discussion regarding the old version of YouTube Go starts from the meaning, features, advantages and how to download it. Because it is downloaded via a certain site, the security of this application cannot be taken into account. However, if you really need it, make sure you download from a truly safe and official site.