Charging the PS4 controller can be done with a cell phone or cell phone charger. The method is also quite easy to do.
The PS4 controller, or DualShock 4, is one of the most important accessories for this game console. However, the battery can drain quickly, especially if you play games intensely.
Luckily, you can charge your PS4 controller with a phone charger. This method is very easy and practical, so you can continue playing games without worrying about running out of battery.
The Easy Way to Charge a PS4 Controller with a Phone Charger
Have you ever Vicigers Experiencing a moment where the PS4 controller runs out of battery while you’re in the middle of a game? This is of course very annoying, especially if you are in the middle of an exciting game.
If you don’t know how, the steps are as follows:
- Have your phone charger and PS4 controller charging cable handy. PS4 controller charging cables are usually included in the purchase package.
- Connect the phone charger to a power outlet.
- Connect the PS4 controller charging cable to the phone charger.
- Connect the PS4 controller charging cable to the PS4 controller charging port.
- Press the PS4 controller’s power button.
If the PS4 controller indicator light is red, it means the controller is charging. If the indicator light is green, it means the controller is fully charged.
Tips for Charging PS4 controller with Phone Charger
Before that, you also need to know some easy tips for using the cellphone charger. These tips are as follows;
- Use a cellphone charger that is compatible with the PlayStation 4 controller. A cellphone charger with an output of 5V and 1A or more is sufficient for charging.
- Do not use a phone charger with too high an output, as this may damage the PS4 controller.
- Do not use a damaged or malfunctioning phone charger.
- Reduce vibration. The PS4 controller has a vibrate feature which can drain the battery. To save battery, you can reduce the vibration intensity or turn it off altogether.
- Use a Bluetooth compatible controller. There are several PS4 controllers that are compatible with Bluetooth. The Bluetooth controller doesn’t require a charging cable, so you can use it without worrying about running out of battery.
- Use power saving mode. The PS4 has a power saving mode which can help save PS4 controller battery. To enable power saving mode, open the Settings menu on PS4, then select Power Saving Settings.
Other Ways to Charge a PS4 Controller
Apart from using a cellphone charger, you can also charge the PlayStation 4 controller by connecting it to the PlayStation console. This method is also very easy, namely by connecting the PS4 controller’s charging cable to the USB port on the PS4 console.
If you are playing a game and the PS4 controller runs out of battery, you can connect it to the PS4 console via the USB port on the front of the console. The PS4 controller will start charging automatically.
The time it takes to charge a PS4 controller will vary, depending on the charger output and the charging level of the PS4 controller.
However, it usually takes about 2 hours to charge a PS4 controller from empty to full.