To track a lost Samsung cellphone, we can use the Find My Mobile feature. This feature is a built-in feature which by default is connected to every Samsung Android cellphone, the condition is that we have logged in with a Samsung account on the cellphone.
If the lost cellphone has a Gmail account that is logged in, we can also use it to carry out tracking. We can use the Android application Find My Phone or Google Maps.
What if the lost Samsung cellphone is dead? Can we still track it?
Can. We can still track dead Samsung cellphones. But the tracking in question is not in real time, but we will track the cellphone’s movement history from its location history, and see its last location before it died.
The following are several ways to track a lost Samsung cellphone that we can try:
1. Using a Samsung account
The easiest way to find a lost Samsung cellphone is to track it using a Samsung account.
If the cellphone is already connected to a Samsung account, that is to say logged in, then we can use this method.
This tracking is quite accurate, and if the cellphone is still on we can even see its location in real time.
- Open the browser, go to this page: https://findmymobile.samsung.com/
- Login with the Samsung account connected to the lost cellphone
- The cellphone location will be visible on the map
Apart from being useful for finding the location of a lost cellphone, we can also use the Samsung Find My Phone application to take several security measures such as locking the cellphone and deleting data in the internal memory.
For Samsung cellphone users, this feature is absolutely mandatory to activate, because it is very useful for securing sensitive data on internal memory when our cellphone is lost. Even if we’re lucky, this feature can also help us track our cell phone until we find it.
2. Using the Google Find My Device application (Android)
The second way to track a lost Samsung cellphone is to use the Google Find My Device application. We can use this application via an Android cellphone. So what we need is another Android cellphone that has an internet connection.
- Download the Google Find My Device application from Playstore
- Open the application
- Log in using the Gmail account connected to the lost Samsung cellphone
- The location of the Samsung cellphone will be visible on Maps
Apart from seeing the location of your cellphone in real time, this application also has several features that are quite useful for tracking your cellphone, including:
- Indoor maps: to view maps in public places such as airports, malls, or other large buildings.
- Play a sound: to ring your cellphone at full volume, this feature is quite useful for finding a lost cellphone that is not far away, or when you lose your cellphone at home.
- Erase data: to delete data in the internal memory, useful for securing sensitive data on the lost cellphone.
- Lock: to lock the cellphone so that it cannot be opened by someone who finds it.
3. Using Google Find Your Phone (Browser, PC, Laptop)
If you want to track a Samsung cellphone using a PC or laptop, we can also do it with the help of Google Find Your Phone. What we need is a PC or laptop connected to the internet and a browser, you can freely use any browser, be it Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
We will track the cellphone with Gmail, so we need a Gmail account that is logged in on the lost Samsung cellphone. If there isn’t then this method can’t be done. OK, let’s get straight to it,
- Open the browser, go to the page: https://myaccount.google.com/intro/find-your-phone
- Login with the Gmail account connected to the lost cellphone
- Select cellphone type
- Click the Locate button
- The cellphone location will be visible on the map
One Gmail account can be used to track several cellphones connected to that account. So, if the Gmail account we have has been logged in to several cellphones, then all of them will be visible, and we only need to choose which cellphone we want to track the location of.
Apart from seeing the location of the cellphone, we can also use Google Find Your Phone to ring the cellphone at full volume, lock it remotely, and delete data in the internal memory.
4. Using Google Maps
Apart from being useful as a guide, we can also use Google Maps to track lost cellphones. There is even a feature on Google Maps that is very useful for finding out the last location of your cellphone before it died because the battery dropped or because it was turned off by the person who found it.
In order to track a Samsung cellphone with Google Maps, we also need a Gmail account that is logged in to the cellphone. We also have to have activated the location history feature, so this feature must be active on the cellphone. If it is not active then we cannot see the location change history on Google Maps.
How to activate location history on a Samsung cellphone: go to Settings > Google > Location > Google Location History > On
If this feature is already active on the lost cellphone, then we can see its location history including the current location and the last location if the cellphone died.
- Open Google Maps, either via the Android application or via browser: https://www.google.com/maps
- Login with the Gmail account connected to your cellphone
- Click menu
- Select Your timeline
On the map you will see where our Samsung cellphone has moved from time to time, there you will also see the last location of the cellphone before it died, complete with a description of the time. From here maybe we can get clues to carry out a search.
5. Track a Samsung cellphone with IMEI and cellphone number
Can you track a lost Samsung cellphone by IMEI or cellphone number?
Technically it is possible, but we as lay people cannot do it. Because this tracking technique is more complicated and requires access to the BTS tower. Those who can carry out tracking using IMEI and cellphone number are cellular operators or authorized officials.
The most popular technique used is BTS Triangulation, this technique requires three BTS towers connected to the cellphone you want to track at the same time, and the cellphone must be on.
In a previous post I discussed this, if you just want to know you can read it here:
Tracking iPhone by IMEI
Can you track a lost cellphone by cellphone number?
Track cellphone numbers with BTS Triangulation
Because the process is complicated and requires access to a BTS tower which not just anyone can access, don’t believe any site or application that claims to be able to track a lost cellphone just by entering the IMEI or cellphone number. You can be sure it’s a scam, aka a lie. Leave it.
That’s it for now, our review of ways to track a lost Samsung cellphone. Good luck and hopefully you can find your cellphone 🙂