In today’s modern era, we have been made easier by the presence of internet technology to access information from anywhere. Now you don’t have to go all the way to the Samsat office to check motor vehicle tax because there is already a way to check motorbike tax via cell phone.
Motor vehicle owners can check tax bills, fines and so on only through a smartphone. Checking taxes is important before paying because you have to make sure how much the vehicle tax is in a certain year.
How to check motorbike tax online from this smartphone can be through applications, official sites, to SMS. You can choose the vehicle tax check method that is the easiest to use. This tax check method can be used for two-wheeled and four-wheeled motorized vehicles.
4 Easy Ways to Check Motorbike Tax via HP With or Without Internet
Motor vehicle tax is an objective tax that is managed directly by each province that issues motor vehicle plate numbers. The amount of motor vehicle tax is influenced by the year the vehicle was released, engine specifications and others. To check the amount of tax in the following way:
1. Check the amount of motorbike tax from the official website
Samsat as an institution that directly handles and manages motor vehicle taxes in each region has launched a new service in the form of a website to check people’s vehicle tax bills.
With the presence of a website, vehicle owners can check tax fees from their mobile devices, tablets or laptops as long as they are connected to the internet. The following is a guide on how to check motorbike tax via cellphone from the official Samsat website:
- First of all, visit the official Samsat website at the following link https://e-samsat.id
- Furthermore fill out the form contains vehicle information on the official Samsat website including vehicle plates, numbers, frame numbers, serial numbers and provincial origins
- Press the button Check Now
- Next you will be directed to a page containing complete vehicle information such as the name of the vehicle owner, model, brand, color, year, engine number, chassis number along with the nominal tax fee that must be paid.
2. Check the amount of motorbike tax from the website of each province
Checking the amount of motorbike tax can also be done through the Samsat website for each province. Until now, there have been several provincial Samsat services that provide online checking and payment of motorbike tax via the website.
Several provinces that have implemented the Samsat digitalization system are DKI Jakarta, East Java, Central Java, West Java, Banten, Riau Islands, North Sulawesi, South Sulawesi, North Sumatra, West Sumatra, East Kalimantan, North Kalimantan.
Each province has a different Samsat website address, so you have to find out the address first on Google. For example, for the province of West Java, the Samsat address for motorbike tax checks is https://bapenda.jabarprov.go.id/infopkb/.
Here’s how to check motorbike tax via a West Java cellphone:
- First of all, open a web browser and visit the official address of the West Java Samsat at the following address https://bapenda.jabarprov.go.id/infopkb/
- On the home page of the website there will be a column “Vehicle Origin Samsat“. Enter the location of the district/city in West Java where the vehicle STNK was issued
- Next, type the police number in the “column”Police number“
- At the bottom there will be “Security Code” or Captcha which must be filled
- Press the button Check Vehicle Data
- Next, you will be directed to a new page containing complete information on the nominal motor vehicle tax, fines (if any) and other data
- If you want to pay at the same time, enter the vehicle BPKB number along with the vehicle chassis number
- Click Proceed to Payments
3. Check the amount of motorbike tax from the mobile application
Apart from the website, motor vehicle tax inspections and payment of vehicle tax bills can also be done via mobile applications. Samsat has released an e-Samsat application called SIGNAL (National Digital Samsat) which is available for free on the Google Play Store and App Store.
You just download this application then install it on your device. The e-Samsat application can be an alternative for those of you who often deal with vehicle tax because the payment process is easier. Here’s how to check vehicle tax via the application independently:
- The first step is to download and install the application e-Samsat from Google Play Store or App Store
- On the page Home page application, select an option vehicle area registered motor
- Furthermore insert Plat number motor vehicle
- The e-Samsat application will display details of unpaid motorbike tax fees and other information such as fines (if any)
4. Check the amount of motorbike tax via SMS
Motor vehicle owners who want to check their vehicle tax but do not have a smartphone connected to the internet can use the SMS service from Samsat.
However, if you choose to use an SMS service, you will be charged a fee set by the telecommunications operator. Here’s how to check motorbike tax via cellphone without using the internet:
- Open menus messaging or Message what’s on your phone.
- Type SMS using the format “Info (space) police number/vehicle license plate code/vehicle license plate serial code/motor vehicle color”. An example of the SMS format sent is “Info AB/7811/IG Merah
- Send the SMS message to the number 0811-2119-211
- Next, Samsat will send a reply message explaining the vehicle data information and payment code
5. Check motorbike tax through Mobile Samsat
The next way to check motorbike tax is not via a mobile device, namely you just go to the mobile Samsat which is usually known as Samsat Corner or Samling. This mobile Samsat service is provided by Samsat in several cities throughout Indonesia.
With this service, motor vehicle owners do not need to queue for hours or go to the Samsat office which is far from their residence. Apart from checking motorbike tax, there are many services provided by mobile Samsat such as extending STNK.
To take care of motorbike tax at the mobile Samsat, you only need to bring the files that are usually taken to the Samsat office, such as STNK, KTP, BPKB. Officers at the office will later verify the data you provide and tell you the amount of your motor vehicle tax.
After you make a tax payment at the mobile Samsat, the Samsat will give you a stamp as proof of annual motor vehicle tax payment.
Guide to finding out motorbike tax on STNK
You can also view motor vehicle taxes through the STNK file. The tax information will be listed on the back of the STNK in the form of a table containing detailed details of the parts of the tax that must be paid by the vehicle owner.
This table contains information on what parts of the tax the vehicle owner must pay. The following terms are in the STNK tax table:
- Motor Vehicle Tax (PKB) at a rate of 1.5% of the vehicle sales value
- KB Transfer of Title Fee (BBN) at a rate of 10% for each new vehicle purchased
With the ease of checking motorbike tax via cellphone, it is hoped that people will be more obedient in paying their vehicle tax on time. Moreover, checking vehicle tax can be done anywhere and at any time without having to go to the Samsat office during working hours.