Confused about how to move photos from iPhone to laptop? Want to know how to quickly transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your laptop? Don’t worry, this time Laptopnesia will tell you how to transfer data from iPhone to laptop with or without an application. Apart from that, we will also tell you how to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop without a data cable.
How to Move Photos from iPhone to Mac
How to move photos from iPhone to Mac requires the iTunes application. You can move photos and videos from iPhone, iPad, and iPod to Mac without using iCloud. You can also use the following steps to move photos from the camera and SD card.
Please follow these steps:
- Make sure your Mac is using iTunes 12.5.1 or the latest version
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod or digital camera to your Mac with a USB cable
- If you want to move photos from an SD card, insert the SD card into the SD slot on your Mac
- Open the Photos App on your Mac
- Click the device name (iPhone/iPad/iPod) in the side panel of the Photos page
- The Photos app will display an import page with all the photos and videos you have on your iPhone
- Click on the photos you want to move to your Mac, then click import
- If you want to move all the photos, click Import All New Photos
- Remove the USB cable from the Mac.
Please note, for Mac users with MacOS High Sierra or later, moved photos will appear in the Photos App import album. If you’re using an older version of MacOS, you can find the photos you want to move in the Recent Imports album.
How to Move Photos from iPhone to Windows Laptop/PC
You can move photos to a Windows laptop or PC by connecting your iPhone to your laptop or desktop PC. Just like the method above, you have to install iTunes on your laptop or PC. Follow these steps:
- Install iTunes version 12.5.1 or later on your Windows PC or laptop
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your PC with a USB cable
- When the command “Allow this device to access photos and videos” appears on the iPhone
- Select Allow to allow access for the laptop or PC
- Run the Photos application on Windows
- Press the Import button and select your iPhone
- Select the photos you want to move then click Continue to move the photos from iPhone to laptop or PC.
Transfer Photos & Videos from iPhone to Windows 10 Laptop/PC
You can move photos from iPhone to laptop without iTunes or any application. You can use the Windows Explorer feature called File Explorer in Windows 10. How do you do it?
- Connect iPhone to Windows 10 laptop or PC
- Click the Trust button
- Open This PC on your laptop or PC
- Go to (iPhone Name) > Internal Storage > DCIM > 100APPLE
- Copy the files or folders you want to move from your iPhone to your Windows PC or laptop.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone Without a USB Data Cable
How to transfer photos from iPhone to laptop can also be done without a data cable. To transfer photos from iPhone to laptop without a USB data cable, you can use iCloud. The latest photos will be automatically added to iCloud, so all your data will be accessible at any time and from any device. Here are the steps:
- For Mac users, make sure you have the latest version of iCloud
- For Windows users, download and install iCloud for Windows
- Sign in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all devices
- Make sure your device is connected to WiFi
- Enable iCloud on iPhone
- Photos on iPhone can be synced to a Mac or Windows PC when the iCloud Photos feature is enabled
- Select the photos you want to download from iCloud to your PC. Then click the “Download Selected Items” icon in the top right corner of the screen.
So that’s how to move photos from iPhone to laptop or PC. Easy isn’t it? You can try all the methods according to your needs. You can also transfer photos and videos from your iPhone with or without cables. Hope it is useful.